Summer Program 2017
Our Summer Program for 4 – 6 year old children is open to current students and the greater community as well. For families contemplating an Early Childhood or Elementary program at our school, our camps provide a taste of the Waldorf educational approach. Overall, we create a welcoming environment for old friends to connect and new friends to meet.
Our knowledgeable Waldorf teachers and assistants take great care in organizing all the details. Learn more about Potomac Crescent Waldorf School’s Summer Program 2017 here:
We are offering five sessions this year, from 9 AM – 3 PM each day:
June 19 – 23
July 10 – 14
July 17 – 21
July 24 – 28
July 31 – Aug. 4
Children should be fully toilet-trained and able to separate easily from parents. Each day will begin outdoors, enjoying sand and water play, bubbles, wet felting and more. Indoors, we will have time for imaginative play, cooking, camp crafts, circle and story time. Special activities include water play, a craft, circle or story-time, and lunch (brought from home). Children eat a snack and rest under a beautiful tipi. They may also do purposeful work in the garden, paint a shed, eat a popsicle, with bowls set out for snack and watched the teacher.
– $360 for each session.
– Full payment due with registration. Payment plans can be arranged for children enrolled in 3 or more weeks.
– Supplies and snack included in fee. (Lunch not included.)
– Please complete the registration form and send it with full payment payable to: Potomac Crescent Waldorf School.
– Payment by credit card can be made at: https://squareup.com/store/potomac-waldorf
– Registration will not be accepted without payment.
– Refunds (less $100 per session) will be made only if three weeks’ notice is given OR the place reserved is able to be filled.
– Refunds for partial attendance due to illness or other factors will not be possible.
Our summer program is taught by experienced Waldorf Early Childhood Educators.
The PCWS Summer Camp has given our son the opportunity to play outside with friends, enjoy a healthy snack, and be a part of a loving, warm, and nurturing environment. Camp feels like an extension of our own home yet it also provides healthy social opportunities (and some to myself for me!).
I enjoy hearing about the details of my son’s day, like what kind of popsicle he had for snack (which is always healthy and homemade) and what craft he’s working on. I love the thoughtful care the teachers put into the program, and it gives me piece of mind that the children are well-cared for.
PCWS Summer Program Parent 2016